As part of standard internet practice, we collect the following information when you visit our sites:
- Your domain name; for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu”, if you are connecting from a university domain;
- Your IP address, a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site;
- The pages you visit within the commonwealth’s site; and
- The links made to other websites through this site.
This information is collected for statistical analysis using standard third-party software programs (including but not limited to: Google Analytics and other third parties on behalf of Treasury) to create summary statistics. The statistics are used for determining what information is of interest to visitors and identifying system performance or problem areas. Where Google Analytics is used, the data are used for other limited purposes by Google. For more detail on how data is used by Google Analytics, please see here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ .
Depending on the website you are using, the information collected, whether or not personally identifiable, may include audio, video, and other graphic formats you send us. Treasury does not sell information collected online. Any information, including personally identifiable information (PII), that you provide will be collected and retained in accordance with existing laws and Treasury policies.
As a general rule, Treasury does not disclose any personally identifiable information collected online except where you have given us permission, or where the information is public information under the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law 65 P.S. 67.101, et seq., or other applicable laws. Visitors should be aware that information collected by Treasury on its websites which is not otherwise protected by law or policy may be subject to disclosure, including public disclosure if such information is a public record.
Access to User Profiles
Any personally identifiable information you enter in a user profile will be open and accessible to you for review and modification.
You may decline participation in any activity that asks for information (i.e., surveys or emails). Your choice to not participate will have not affect your ability to view information on the Treasury’s websites.
We may customize your browsing experience by utilizing your browser’s “cookies” to store a randomly generated identifying tag on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer when you visit a website
You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer’s browser at any time by using any one of several widely available methods. Cookies created by using our websites and stored on your computer do not contain personally identifiable information and do not compromise your privacy or security.
Session cookies allow you to move through many pages of a website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. Session cookies are destroyed after successful completion of a transaction, after a few minutes of inactivity, or when the browser is closed.
Persistent cookies help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future. They continue to exist after a few minutes of inactivity, after the browser is closed, or after a user completes a single session.
External Linking Policy and Disclaimer
The information posted on Treasury’s websites may include hypertext links to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations (external websites). We provide these links for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving Treasury’s site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- Treasury does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on an outside website.
- Treasury does not endorse the organizations sponsoring outside websites and does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Treasury cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in outside websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the outside website.
- Treasury is not responsible for transmissions users receive from outside websites.
- Treasury cannot guarantee that outside websites comply with accessibility requirements.
Information provided on Treasury’s websites is intended to allow for access to public information. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current, and reliable information we recognize the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Therefore, Treasury, its officers, employees, and/or agents expressly disclaim any warranty of the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published by Treasury’s systems and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information. Any person who relies upon such information obtained from this system does so at his or her own risk.